The Liebster Award is granted to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on bloggingThe Rules:
1) You must thank the person who gave you this award.
2) You must display the Liebster heart on your blog. PROUDLY.
3) You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers.
4) Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
5) Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
6) Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer.
7) Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post (no tag backs because the point is to try and highlight new bloggers and spread the support).
1. Why do you blog?
- I started blogging as a way of staying in touch with my adoption-circle friends and soon found it was a great way to clear my head on different topics. Since then, I’ve come to really enjoy it so much that I actually have 4 different blogs!
- Coke, but only Coke Zero. Whiskey, but I don’t mind Vodka on occasion
- My current favourite site is Tribesports. I love the challenges that get me exercising every day and I love the encouragement I get.
- Reality TV shows – everything from Survivor to Sister Wives. But I don’t like the dancing/singing ones or the dating shows.
- Hmmmm.. I love almost all types of food, but one of my favourites would have to be Sushi.
- Neither! I love my sleep. I can be in bed by 10:00 every night and sleep through till 7:00 the next morning. I’m not pleasant to be around for the hour before bed or the hour after I wake up.
- I’m only a risk taker if I know that I won’t get caught.
- 5 cats ranging in age from 3 to 17, 3 of whom currently have FLEAS, pets I do not want in my house. I have an aquatic frog named George. His twin, Fred, died last year. And we have Gary the gecko for whom we keep a container of live crickets in the dining room. Sometimes I feel outnumbered.
- Home is currently in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada. The furthest I’ve travelled would be to the Dominican Republic for the one and only vacation I’ve ever been on.
- I knew there was going to be a tough question hidden in here! We have finally gotten all the paper work sorted out with the government declaring Liam's ADHD as a disability. This will be a huge help on our taxes and increase the monthly child tax credit amount that we get. That should shape our future nicely.
- Cold... as in "I am always cold". Doesn't bode well for someone who lives in Halifax!
11 things about me:
- I bit my nails up until 3 years ago and then I just stopped
- I'm very forgetful
- Hilary says I'm tenacious, loyal and obtuse
- I've only ever been on one vacation that didn't involve going to visit family
- I used to teach therapeutic horse back ridding
- I learned to sign ASL as a teenager
- I've been taking Tae Kwon-Do lessons for almost a year
- When I get drunk I will only speak in French
- I'm currently on a quinoa kick and would eat it with every meal
- I am always cold
- I can't/wont wear clothes to bed which is not at all compatible with #10
Bloggers I am nominating:
And finally the 11 questions for my nominees:
- Book or movie?
- What was your favourite childhood toy?
- Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
- Have you ever baked bread from scratch? Why or why not?
- What is the funniest thing you have ever done?
- If price were no object, what would you want for your birthday?
- What’s your favourite plant?
- What countries have you visited?
- Zombiiiiiieesss are coming! They want your brains! What is your weapon of choice?
- What languages do you speak? If you could learn any, which would it be?
- Favourite quote?