Friday, December 14, 2012

Daring Kitchen - Paté Chinois

I had the honour of hosting this month's Daring Kitchen Challenge.  I introduced everyone to a classic French Canadian dish - Paté Chinois.
Paté Chinois translates from French as Chinese Pie. It’s an odd name for a French Canadian dish that doesn’t have any connection to Chinese food. The history of the name has been traced back to the Chinese cooks who worked at the camps for the railway builders in the late 19th century. Ground beef and potatoes were cheap and a dish could be spread out to feed many people

You can check out the 4 recipes I did up as examples, as well as see everyone else's creations on the Daring Kitchen page.


It was a lot of fun hosting the challenge and seeing all the variations that folks came up with.  I hope to have the opportunity to host again one day.



4 comments:

TTABaby said...

Pinned it- already made the grocery list for this week but Its on for next week... The Guinness one sounds fantastic!

Todd M said...

Thanks for hosting this month and sharing some of your family recipes. I wanted to try the seafood one but my wife vetoed that idea so I went for the crock-pot lamb version and it was fantastic.

shelley c. said...

Andy, thank you so much for hosting this wonderful challenge. I only made one version, but would have loved to try many, many more - and I will try them over time, I promise!! I appreciate the work that you did putting together this well prepared challenge.

mjskit said...

Andy, thanks for hosting this month and creating such a great challenge! I had never had this dish (that I can remember) and I really enjoyed making it. My husband enjoyed eating it! :) I spiced mine up a bit, but then I usually spice most dishes up. All of the dishes you shared with us looked wonderful and I learned a lot about this dish!