Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sun Catchers

I love quick and easy crafts, so Pinterest is one of my new favorite time wasters places.  I came across this Pin and thought I would give it a try.  It was so easy and the results are beautiful.



 1) Buy some plastic beads.  I wasn't sure that these ones would work, but they did.  Just make sure to stand them all up so that you don't have the holes facing up.  Also make sure that it is only 1 layer thick.  Any oven proof container will do, and then you can experiment with different sizes and shapes


2) Put them in a pre-heated oven (400°).  These ones took about 15 minutes each, but keep a close eye on them, since I don't think burnt plastic would smell very good.  As it was, melting plastic didn't smell all that great.  Let them cool before you try to take them out of the container.  They didn't stick and popped right out for me.

3) Tie a ribbon to them and hang!  I was lucky that each of the 4 I made had a ready made space to put my ribbon through.  If they hadn't I would have had to drill a whole which I was glad I didn't have to do.  Once they cool down they have the texture of glass and I worried that I would shatter it.

I think these will make great gifts and plan on making more!

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

So easy even I might be able to do it! And pretty, too.

I like the beads you picked.